Monday, October 5, 2009

Wool Covers

What's the deal on wool....? I LOVE wool!  Wool is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, which helps it not to retain odors and a natural fire retardant.  It can absorb up to 40% of its weight in liquid and it allows the body to breathe.  These qualities of wool make it an excellent choice for a natural and oh so comfy diaper cover.  Cost savings $$$ - PANTS and DIAPER COVER in one!  Wool has the wonderful ability to regulate body temperature, it will keep your child warm in winter and cool in summer.  Making it the perfect choice for diaper covers any time of the year. Used for generations! 

IMPORTANT: Wool is only as effective as the amount of absorption you have underneath the cover. The wool needs time to "react" or time to be able to absorb and breathe.  If not enough absorption is used then cover will not work as well and you will feel wetness.  I use wool for my children and just love using a natural product that has all of these amazing qualities - my children totally enjoy using wool covers, so much more comfy than any other kind of cover - your babies will thank you!  You must wash/re-lanolize your cover every few weeks, (or when poo'd on) depending on use.  Please allow to air dry between uses.


This is a Woolie Wrap. It is a wool diaper cover that you snap on instead of pull up. They are convenient for smaller babies. Also they will fit a wider range of babies.  Paired with a Nifty Nappy they are practically bullet proof and leave the baby’s bum well ventilated! 



Longies are a pant style cover.  They are a pull up cover made from upcycled wool sweaters that I hand-pick myself for softness and absorbency.  All soakers/longies I sell come washed and lanolized, ready for use. For care you will only need to wash and lanolize about once a month, the rest of the time you let it air dry between changings. I will send care instructions, very easy!

 
This is a soaker style cover.  They are a pull up cover made from upcycled wool sweaters that I hand-pick myself for softness and absorbency.  All soakers/longies I sell come washed and lanolized, ready for use. For care you will only need to wash and lanolize about once a month, the rest of the time you let it air dry between changings. I will send care instructions, very easy!







Happy Diapering